On the 9th of November I had the pleasure of giving a talk at the ‘Future of Training’ at IH London. I had the chance to meet a bunch of highly motivated teachers and trainers and share ideas and beliefs. Among the things we discussed was how PBL can help students produce tangible results that they can relate or apply to their lives but also how we can convince teachers to adopt new methods and approaches.
Below you can see some of the key points of the talk as well as the link for the PowerPoint presentation.
Many thanks to those who attended.
By adopting a PBL and creating a formatively driven classroom
- you are being proactive by sorting out problems during the project and not at the end of it
- you get inside the learners head and see what they are thinking
- you move learning forward by structuring your lesson according to the students’ needs and lacks
- you allow students to use their classmates as a resource for learning, promoting cooperative learning.
- you are building up a positive culture of confidence.